Friday, September 16, 2011

All Things Asher

Having Asher sure makes for plenty of opportunities to try new crafts. I always have a project going. Making toys for Asher is one of my favorite.

Here is a tag ball that I made. Our coffee table is perfect for his hanging toys, they circle all the way around it and he can lay under it for tons of fun:)


A while ago I made him come blocks to play with.

This was a fun project to incorporate lots of different colors and to embroider out the alphabet and numbers.

He may not be able to read yet, but he still has fun. (Asher is so much bigger now, these pictures are from 2 months ago. Now we have to buy Asher 18 month old clothes!)

Speaking of clothes, Asher sleeps in sleep-sacks because he is a crazy sleeper. He moves around so much, blankets just get thrown off or tangled all over, so we use these:

Of course I had to add some fabric at the bottom so they are long enough, a little ghetto but it works.

I also made some burp cloths.

Asher has never been really bad with spit-up, but they were a fun thing to make for him.

Of course we still use them because he slobbers and spits plenty.

Cute Asher

He is too big for his chair, but it's a cute picture.


I also made crib bumpers. Like I said earlier he is a crazy sleeper and is always bumping his head up against the sides of his crib, so now he has some padding to bump his head against:)


I made it all Winnie-the-Pooh so that it matches his quilt and crib skirt.

Most recently, I made a quite book. This was my practice one, and I am now working on a gospel stories one. But here's the first results:

Cover Page


Snap on the monkey tails


The animals velcro on and off, and play hide-and-seek.


More animals and buttons on string the slide up and down for Asher to play with.


Animal to take off and velcro on, and fish to swim back and forth on a string.


Asher loves the simple. The buttons don't do anything, but he loves to grab on to them.


I love the penguin, so cute. And more things for him to grab, Tassels!


The last page. An egg with a little chick inside.

5 comments:

Kasey Van Tassell said...

Wow Asher is getting big. I'm pretty sure Brock weighs the same as he does.
PS nice projects

Robert and Kristen said...

You are welcome to make toys for us too if you get bored! ha ha ha
I can't believe what a big boy he is, but I can believe how cute he is! Love him.

Natalie said...

You are more than welcome to send your "practice projects" to me. :)

Do you have a good kid that lets you do crafts with both hands or something?! Lucky!! :)

Kathryn and Danny Lange said...

what great projects! He is adorable too!

Fiagle Family said...

u r always so crafty! Love the added sleep sack. Gwen is too long for all her clothes too. Good thing for dresses

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive