Friday, October 14, 2011

A New Asher Blog

Asher is almost 8 months old now. He is a lot of fun and is growing fast! He loves to have a good time, especially when he gets to play with dad. He is smiley all the time (okay, most of the time).

He has two teeth; the front bottom ones. He loves to bite. He also loves to give kisses. They are super wet and slobbery but so precious. He just opens wide and slobbers all over your lips or cheek, or chin. I absolutely love that he is a great hugger. At least he lets me hug him. He usually will let me pick him up and hold him close for a few seconds before he is ready to be off playing again. He is so loveable.
He is a great eater. He loves all the different foods and eats every last bite of every meal. I don't think he's ever not finished anything. I guess he needs it since he is getting so big. We just bought him new pj's and they are size 2T. And his onesies are 18 months, but won't last too much longer.

His diapers didn't last. He busted out of his old ones! We only had a few left and wanted to finish them out, but I guess that wasn't an option:) He is also super active. He bear crawls everywhere (mostly at super speed). He has no problem staying up with us if we are walking at a slow pace (except of course he gets distracted way too easily and veers off course).

He loves to play with anything that's stuffed. Pillows, piles of clothes, and animals, particularly his bears.

He is always attacking them and wrestling with them on the ground. He bites and chews them and has a great time. He is definitely a boy! He plays rough.

He loves exploring and he gets into everything. He loves the bathroom and has discovered the fun of toilet paper rolls and toilet water.

(Look how tall and skinny he is)
Because he is getting so tall, he reaches everything. I keep having to re-baby-proof our house. And if he can't reach it, he goes up on his toes and just doesn't give up.

Like I said, he gets into everything. He also thinks he should be able to go anywhere now. Even if he can't!

He climbs on, in, over, under, (never around) anything and everything. He also climbs up anything. He loves standing and uses any means to get there: play pen, couch, chair, bench, walls, bookshelf, my legs, other peoples legs, even other people's babies. He just grabs hold and pulls until he is up right.

It keeps Asher busy and me on my toes.

He is also developing more faces. He is super expressive.

He is always smacking his lips and licking them.

He also loves to spit and buzz his lips.

His new favorite face to make is the fish face. He makes fish lips and kissy noisy. It is super cute but impossible to catch on camera.

He still plays pretty well by himself, but of course loves it when we play with him even more.

He also has started reaching to be picked up or when he wants to go to someone else he reaches in their direction.

And of course I still love his blue eyes!

1 comment:

Leeah said...

I hope you know I was joking about the whole we can't all have ashers! I am just so amazed at your kids speed in development especially since Otto is still boycotting rolling over! How fun though. He for sure seems to be a handful. I love it. Won't lie makes me okay with Otto taking his time.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive