Friday, May 2, 2008

Finally!



The University of Chicago


I have been working at the University of Chicago for the past 8 months in a couple different temporary position, and trying my darndest to get hired on as a permanent employee. Well good news- I finally got hired on yesterday!!! Which means... Benefits... job security... pay raise:)... holiday pay... vacation days...
Needless to say we are pretty happy about it. Now all we have to do is find Ryan a job for when after he graduates.

3 comments:

A.K.A. - Adam, Kasey, Ady said...

Wow. Congrats on the promotion! Supposedly the job I will be getting is being posted starting this week. Then 2 weeks after posting they can take it down, do interviews and then finally hire. So I know what you mean when you say finally...stupid beaurocracy. I am hoping for before Memorial day, so I can get a paid holiday, but thats just hoping. We'll see.

Fiagle Family said...

congrats. I know how stressful it is when jobs are a problem. What are you doing?

Melanie said...

I am the Admissions Secretary for the Humanities Dean of Students Office. Which means I organize and process all the humanities graduate student applications. This year we had over 2,000. I also am receptionist and office manager. It's a good job and I get to interact with a lot of people:)

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive