Okay, I'm finally posting about our trip to New York City! We were able to see the city with Susan, Carl, Amy, Robert, and Kristen. It was so much fun. I liked visiting New York and seeing the sites, but I'm so glad I don't live there! Ryan and I agree that New York is much more glitz'n'glam than Chicago. And the traffic and people hurrying here and there is so much more... just more. I'm glad we've lived in Chicago for 2 years so we know how to get around in the city (hint: don't act like a tourist). Anyway, we ended up with so many pictures I just had to pick some and put them in a collage.
Here we are arriving in New York in style!
Okay, really, we just took the limo from one airport to the other to pick up our rental car so we wouldn't have to pay the huge fee for returning the car to a different airport. But it's definitely the way to travel:)
Here is the collage. We went to the Today Show, The Statue of Liberty, Central Park, the New York LDS Temple, China Town, the Brooklyn Bridge, Downtown for shopping (the M&M store is the best!), and Broadway where Ryan and I saw Mary Poppins.

Though if you want my advice if you are going to go see a broadway play, see something that was made for broadway. Mary Poppins was still a lot of fun and really good, but can anyone ever really beat Julie Andrews. And because a play is different than a movie it was changed a bit. It was still good and I'd still recommend it but if you have the choice, pick a show that was made to be a play.
After we took a couple days to tour the city, we headed up North to West Point for Richard's graduation. We were able to meet up with some more of Ryan's family: Trent, Wendy, Tayzlie, Townsend, Tennessee and Richard.
West Point was so cool! The buildings were amazing and all made out of stone. The view was also amazing since it's right on the river and up in the mountians.
The first thing we did was to go to the Parade. Which was all the cadets marching and the band playing. It was pretty cool. Ryan really liked that Richard had a saber, though I'm glad Richard didn't let him play with it.
Here's all the boys with Richard:
All the girls with Richard:
Here we are taking a break before we head out.
The next day was the actual graduation. Here is us with Richard after the ceremony (I feel really short!)
All the Crockett's
All in all, it was a great vacation and a lot of fun to spend the time with Ryan's family. I did like visiting New York and would recommend going there at least once.

3 comments:
We had a lot of fun too. Even though we acted like tourists.
Why does that guy in the last picture have scrapes on his head?
Looks like a lot of fun. You guys sure get around. I am jealous we never go anywhere.
How fun! Man, New York is such a crazy busy place! My mom & i went there to visit my aunt&cousin after graduating from high school, it is so amazing! I'm glad you guys had fun!
Post a Comment