Last Sunday was General Conference and we decided to host an Easter Breakfast. We had all of Ryan's family that live close by come and some friends from Alexandria come also. It was good to see everyone and spend time with family and friends. We then watched the first session (which isn't until 12 here) with John's family. After they left we had a relaxing rest of the day being together and watching conference.
Here is Asher sharing his play pen and toys with his cousins.
My favorite talk was during the Saturday morning session but I don't remember who gave it. He talked about the difference between church and the gospel. Having both in our lives is a blessing, and we need to make sure that we don't confuse the two, or only focus on one. I liked that he pointed out that though we go to church to learn the gospel, 'church' is not the gospel.
To get in the holiday spirit, I made some Easter decorations for our place now that we have room:) It's fun to have our house reflect the holiday, and brighten things up with spring colors. Here are some of my home-made decorations.
Easter Egg Holders
Easter cards and Easter garland.
My "spring" sign
And of course some flowers to brighten up the kitchen.
I didn't make the flowers, but I did make the arrangements they are in:)
Framed embroidery picture
And our I added some color to our front room.
Okay, I didn't make the table runner, that is beyond my skill set. I did make the pillows though.
We are ready for Easter!

1 comment:
How fun! You are just so crafty, maybe someday I will decide to get creative and have you show me how to make cute stuff too.
Post a Comment