
The beginning of this month I flew out to Hawaii to spend some time with Leslie. I was there for 10 days and had a great time. I spent the first part of my trip on Oahu. Here's a little of what I did:
Paddle-boarding


This was a lot harder than it looks. But we had a lot of fun giving it a try. Good things the waves weren't too big:)
Dole Plantation
I went to the plantation by myself one day while Leslie was at work.
I took the garden tour and then rode the Pineapple Express.
It was really interesting to see how pineapples are grown. I had never ever thought about it before and when I did, I didn't have a clue to how they were grown or what a pineapple plant even looked like.
Here is a close up so you can see better. The pineapple grows in the middle of the plant and doesn't have to be a certain color to be ripe. Green pineapples can be ripe. Check out the leaves, sharp pointy edges.
Here is one of the many views in the garden.
Manoa Falls

The hike to the falls isn't too bad, but we did get rained on.

I love hiking in Hawaii. It's a rain forest all around and you always end up with a great view.
Lagoons in Kaneohe
These are the vacationers dream lagoons. Perfect sandy beaches, green grass, tropical trees and umbrellas, and the water is perfect with no waves coming in.
Sunset at the lagoons.

No comments:
Post a Comment