Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Introducing...

Our little baby BOY!!!


Here he is at 14.5 weeks

He is scheduled to arrive February 12, 2011. Which means I am now 20.4 weeks along, or half way:) Ryan an I are very excited for this next big step in our life together. I haven't been sick once, which has been a huge blessing and relief. Up to now, I haven't really felt pregnant. Now I have a baby bump and am starting to feel him move around.

Here are some more photos of the little guy.

These were taken at the 20 week ultrasound yesterday. Here is his profile.


Here are his little legs and feet (from the knees down).


And here are some 3-D images of his face and little arms and hands.


Honestly, I haven't done much reading on the subject of pregnancy and labor. I'm starting to read some now and have realized I really don't know much at all, so any advice or tips would be welcome:)
We are super excited and I love that I am making Ryan a dad. He'll be absolutely amazing as a father.

14 comments:

Drae said...

congrats! You will love being a mom. I was kind of the same way. Didn't read much about it all. I figured my body knew what to do and unless there was a problem, I didn't need much more. As the day got closer, however, I got more and more curious, or anxious, or whatever, that I wanted to read everything. The best advice I have is.... do what you feel is right. Oh, and perineal massages. Let me know if you need me to send you anything on it. It worked for me. I'm so excited for you guys!

Barbie Madsen said...

I am so so happy for you guys!!! cangratulations!! it really is a year of boy babies!

Brenda said...

Horray!! Congrats. I have been wondering when you guys would have one. Did you know Miranda (from Dean of student's office) just had twins!! I didn't do any classes when I had Thomas--just went with the flow. But with Reed, I did hypbirth (not hypnobirth). If you google it, you will find the program. It is a set a dvds that you listen to and it is kind of a hypnosis program, but not. what I liked about it is that it helped me stay relaxed during the whole labor and honestly, I think it is what helped me have Reed naturally. Good luck!!! Babies are so fun! You will such a great mommy!

Cass said...

Congratulations!

Durrant said...

Congrats Mel! I am so excited for you guys! Boys are so much fun!

Julie and John said...

Congrats!! We're so excited for you guys.

Julie and John said...

I might add that we are thrilled that you are having a boy so everybody can stop saying how Crocketts all go girl-boy-girl-...

:-)

John

Kathryn and Danny Lange said...

congrats!

Cazier Connection said...

Congrats!!!I wish you guys lived closer.

Fiagle Family said...

How fun. Congrats! You'll do great.

Melissa said...

That's great congrats! I really liked the book the thinking women's guide to a better birth. The book definitely leans toward a natural birth, but it is very informative and made me aware of all things that were happening while I was in labor. I had an epidural, but I was glad to be informed. Good Luck!

Chelsea said...

Congrats! That's sooo exciting!

Keri said...

Oh congrats!!!!

Tara said...

That's GREAT news!!!! Congrats!!!! You guys will be awesome parents!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive