Things sure are busy. I feel like I am a yo-yo going from one baby to the other. We are doing well though and are adjusting to the new schedule. Asher helps keep us moving and Vaden keeps us from sleeping:) I find I am much more tired this time around since I can't take naps when Vaden does, Asher keeps me too busy.
Asher is a great brother already. He's very interested in Vaden and makes sure she's always involved. He can never leave her behind and sometimes even insists on carrying her. It's pretty funny when this happens because Ryan or I really carry her(just bent over), but Asher holds on to her waist like he's helping. It actually slows us down! He also helps with diaper changes. He comes and lays down next to her and lets me change his diaper, and he pats her head and talks to her. Then we change her diaper and he loves to wipe her, though he usually wipes her bellybutton. He also loves to hold her. He can become quite insistent. He claps his hands together then hold out his arms for her. He continues this until he gets her.
This is what happens when I try to take a picture of just Vaden:) He is trying to pick her up.
Sometimes I wonder what Asher really thinks of his little sister. Here she's just one of the toys! Notice Asher's baby- we had to change her diaper too. He will hold his baby and imitate what I do with Vaden. Yesterday we were rocking and singing to them, and lifting them up and down.
Where does the pacifier go?
My cousin Kendra came and visited us this last weekend. She babysat while we went on a date night. It was great to have some help and someone to play with Asher. It was also great to have someone that helps clean without being asked:)
Riding the carousel at the mall.
We also had Richard and Emily come visit. Ryan's brother just moved to Williamsburg as he will start law school there. Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures with them.
Here is cute little Vaden.
She is a good baby. She makes a lot of noise when going to sleep. She grunts and moves and fusses a bit, though she usually doesn't cry unless she wants to be picked up. She does a good job waiting for her turn. She's pretty easy to care for, the hard part is juggling 2 kids. Her eyes are turning blue and she still has brown hair. She is growing too. After our last doctor appointment she was on her way up and had passed her birth weight. She likes to look around at things, though I think she mainly likes to look at me or her brother:) She's a wonderful addition to our family and we are excited to watch her grow up.

1 comment:
Sweet little Vaden is DARLING!!! Sounds like you're all adjusting very well! Enjoy every sleepless minute, time flies!
Post a Comment