It feels like we have had a lot of changes lately. I finally finished my calling as the Ward Costume Specialist. I helped to sew and organize all the costumes for the YM and YW in our ward for the Youth Conference this year. They did a huge dance show at a football stadium with 7 stakes in Northern Virginia. A big project, however I didn't see how it all turned out as we were having a baby.
Vaden is the next major change in our lives. She is such a special little girl and we love her. Of course things are much busier at home juggling 2 kids now. She has only been home a week and I've already forgotten what it's like to have 'me time'! This last weekend was the first weekend being home with everyone and after Asher was in bed and Vaden had been fed and the house straightened up, I asked Ryan how he was and what he was thinking once he got the chance to sit down and he said he was "frazzled". Ha ha, I love it. Now he has a taste of how I've felt all week.
It has been a crazy week, not just because I have 2 kids now, but
also because Ryan started his new job. He is now working at the United
States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) as a Patent Examiner. We are
both excited about his new job and hope that it gives us a better
balance of work and home life. He will be able to come home at a decent
time and the same time everyday! He will also be able to take holidays
off and vacation time and sick days. Prior to starting his new job, we
were lucky enough to have him home for 1 1/2 months! It was a great
time and we were able to do a lot as a family. Ryan does a lot to
motivate me to get out and about and just to enjoy being together. Sometimes I get so caught up making sure we accomplish tasks and everyone is taken care of and being responsible, I forget to just enjoy life. Ryan is a good balance to me. he helps me to chill out.
Here are just a few of the things we did while Ryan was home with us:
 |
| At the museum of African Art in DC. I'd like to say that Asher was observing the art but I think he was throwing a fit. |
 |
| At the Native American Museum |
 |
| Playing at the play area in the mall because it was way too hot to be outside. |
 |
| Chilling with Grandpa. We have gotten to see Grandpa and Grandma Crockett quite a bit this summer:) |
 |
| We also have had quite a few family get togethers with the Tripples and Crocketts. Here's Asher water-sliding with his cousin Tayzlie. |
 |
| Though he was mainly interested in stacking the cones. |
 |
| The 4th of July! We just stayed home and had a few small fireworks of our own. I love, love, love how excited Ryan gets about some things like fireworks. |
We were also able to visit an animal farm, but I didn't have my camera with me so no pictures. We visited the community pool several times too. Asher just loves the pool, almost as much as his dad, who always enjoys diving off the boards. We also went to a kids matinee movie with Asher. And of course several walks and shopping trips that are nice to just have Ryan along!
Oh, and Ryan was also home when the power went out for 3 days! We had a big storm and it caused a massive power outage here on the East Coast. Some people were without power for a week, we didn't have power for 3 days. And when the temperature outside is in the 100's then it's a really, really bad thing. It was so hot and I was so pregnant. But Ryan was home with us and took care of us. He packed up our freezer food and we headed to the Tripples, who got power back less than a day later. It was much cooler camping out in their basement and we saved a lot of food too:) Thanks to the Tripples for letting us stay, and thanks to Ryan for taking care of us.
 |
| Ryan also painted my toe nails for me since I couldn't really reach:) Didn't he do a great job? |
1 comment:
nail painting. that is true love. props to Ryan. and props on the new job too!
Post a Comment