Sunday, August 21, 2016

Other July Projects

 Summer is going by fast, so I am trying to make sure I document what we did.  I am a Webelos Cub Scout Leader, and I often take Asher and Vaden to den meetings with me.
 This summer we went on a field trip with the Webelos to the Hill Air Force Base Museum.
 The kids had a good time and it was fun to go see some of the planes.  Though it does make me miss the Dulles Air and Space Museum (that place is huge and way cool!).

 I also went to a baby shower for a friend in the ward and made some cute onesies.
 
 These are month to month onesies that will hopefully be used in some cute pictures as they watch their new baby daughter grow.  I also made a journal for her.
It's always fun to do new projects, but especially when I'm able to use the idea and make things for my own family.  I made journals for Ryan and each of my kids where I can write to them.  Sure beats writing in my own journal where they probably won't ever read it:)
 Another project I was able to do was make bucket seats for my kids.  I helped another friend make one of these for her daughter and used the idea to make them for my kids.
Asher picked The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Vaden Choice all the princesses.  I choice superheroes for Emmet and Peter Pan and Pirates for Kelen.  I think they turned out pretty cute and the kids love them.

The biggest project that happened at our house (though we didn't do it ourselves) was getting our backyard done!
 It's so nice to have grass and no more dirt. We love having the backyard finished and somewhere the kids can go and play.
 I love that we have a hill and a step garden.  It makes the yard more interesting and fun.  We are still working on a few projects ourselves, but those will take a bit longer to complete.
 The retaining wall is also a really nice feature and gives us lots of space to play:)
 Thank you Simplified Landscaping for doing our backyard for us!

 One small project I did with the kids was to make a fairy garden for Vaden and a gnome home for Asher.  They had a lot of fun building them and picking out flowers.  They also love having gnomes and fairies to play with.
 The gnomes and fairies often have 'sleep overs' at each others homes.  It's fun to see what the kids come up with.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love how the yard turned out! Can't wait to see it in person!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive