Thursday, September 11, 2008

A whole new ward


At the beginning of every school year, we get a large amount of new members in our ward. All the new students or returning students who were away for the summer move in. It makes for some pretty crazy and loud sacrament meetings. This year, I feel like not only are we getting new people by way of new students, but our ward has had an amazing amount of births. And if they didn't just have a baby, they are making an announcement that they are pregnant. Really, I never even witnessed this in a married college ward! I guess a pregnant belly is the new fashion trend in the Hyde Park 1st Ward. Too bad I have my own style:)

5 comments:

Diaries of a Widow said...

For a moment I thought you were going to announce you were prego. Guess you need to send Ryan to hang out with Ady she seems to be all I hear about from Brandon about HI.

Erica said...

That is how I felt in Des Moines, we left for the summer after first year and returned to a whole new ward. It is crazy how fast a ward can change at the start of a new school year! Yay for being in your last year, that is exciting!

Adam VT said...

Our ward is the same, except several people are announcing that they are pregnant with thier 3rd child who will be under 3 years old. And our neighbor who just had her 4th, now has 4 under 4 years old. So I am pretty sure our ward trumps yours in loudness. I don't know how parents can take care of so many little kids, especially while they are going to school.

Tara said...

I remember those days, and now I'm the insane mom with 4 (they are spaced though)! I love that you actually took a pic of your ward. Your blog is always fun!
Tara

Julie and John said...

It is exciting to see how wards change -- since moving to Maricopa 16 months ago, we've had two ward splits and a stake split, and our ward also has loads of children -- it's great!

We just never know what other people's situations are, so it's best never to think/speak ill of somebody because of the size of their family, large or small.

It's quite difficult to separate ourselves from mainstream culture. Few things are more openly mocked today than the willingness to have children. In Lehi's dream, there were (1) some people who had found great happiness at the tree of life, there were (2) some people in the grand building who mocked those who had found the tree, and there were also (3) some who had found the tree but were so embarrassed because of the mocking that they left the tree. It's worth considering which group we are in if we catch ourselves being too embarrassed to have children because of the scoffing of the world, or if we (heaven forbid!) catch ourselves mocking other people for being willing to have frequent/many children.

- John

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive