Saturday, May 16, 2009

Last Day of Work!!!

Yesterday was my last day of work, wahoo! It's nice not having that responsibility for a while, though it won't last forever so I plan to enjoy it while I can:) If you didn't know, I was the Secretary in the Dean of Student's Office in the Humanities Division at the University of Chicago.
The Dean Of Student's Staff
Sarah Tuohey (Assistant to the Dean), Tom Thuerer (Dean of Students), Me, Miranda Swanson (Associate Dean), Louis Arata (Associate Dean)

It was a good job and paid for our living expenses while Ryan finished his schooling, and we had benefits! That's the way to know if you have a real grown-up job;)
My last day was actually only a half day since I left early so Ryan and I could pick up Carl and Susan from the airport. We had a brunch party were all the staff in our division could come and eat and talk. It was good to see everyone one last time. I also got some beautiful flowers from everyone in the Dean of Student's Office and a really fun card. Ryan's favorite is the card (good pick Louis). I think he'd listen to it over and over again until the battery ran out. Here's some pictures and a movie so you can get the full effect of the card:

My flowers! They smelled so good too.


My good bye card. It's great, isn't it?

2 comments:

Brenda said...

That was a sad posting for me!! Gees, I miss the Dean of Students office!!! That card was great! I played it and Thomas came up to the computer and started dancing to it.

Laynalou3 said...

What a great card! I remember how excited we were when you first got that job. I'm glad it's been nice this whole time.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive