Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Good Weekend

This weekend we had some visitors. Ryan's sister, Wendy and her 10-year-old daughter, Tayzlie came and stayed with us. They will be moving here in the summer and wanted to do some house hunting. On Friday night we all met Amy in D.C. and went ice-skating in the Sculpture Garden on The Mall. It was a lot of fun. And entertaining to watch Ryan's attempts:)

The Ice Rink

On Saturday, Ryan and I both played ward basketball. Ryan's team just lost, but my team was able to win (we crushed the other team). After, we met up with Wendy, Amy and Tayzlie in Old Town Alexandria. We went out for lunch and then watched some of the St. Patrick's Day Parade.

There were many many groups of bagpipers. But it was fun to hear them all.


There must have been a dog event before the parade or something because there were dogs EVERYWHERE. Tayzlie loved this of course.


One of my favorite things about the parade was all the old soldier uniforms they had. I guess it makes sense since we live in the East and have a bit more history with the Revolutionary and Civil wars.

All in all it was a very fun weekend. Now it's back to reality and another week of work.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh, and there was Darth Vader and his Storm Troopers. That may have been my favorite part.
-Ryan

Chelsea said...

Hey guys! I saw that parade as I tried to go to the bank that morning! I wish I would have watched it...

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive