On October 26, 2016, my grandpa, Reed Bryan Haddock passed away at the age of 87. He had a full life surrounded by the things he loved: family, friends, the gospel and gardening. He was a wonderful man, loving grandfather, quiet and giving, and I loved him dearly. He will be missed, but I'm also happy he is no longer in pain and is with his beautiful wife again.
This picture is of my grandparents and their children. (my dad is the youngest boy)
Here is my grandpa and how I will always remember him.
My grandfather with all his children.
The funeral was held on November 2, 2016 in Paris, ID. He was buried in Bloomington Cemetery next to his wife, and behind his parents. It is a great experience to go to the cemetery and see so many Haddock's and know that I have such a wonderful and large family, now and in the here after.
It's a beautiful setting and a fitting resting place for my grandparents.
All the male cousins were pallbearers. It was great to see my extended family again.
We will miss you grandpa!
Here are some photos:
One of my uncle's posted this photo on line and I thought it was great to see my dad as a young man. I don't know many of the people in this photo, my grandparents and their kids are on the far right. But I thought it would be fun to do a then and now photo.
Here is us now. This is my grandparents children and all their kids and grandkids. It's amazing how families can grow so much.
Aunt Gayle, Aunt Barbara, My Dad, Uncle Kent, Uncle Brent (youngest to oldest).
![]() |
| Me, Little Tilly and Lyssa, Leslie, Amanda, Rachel, and Kim. |
Here is a fun pictures of my with some of my girl cousins. After the funeral we went back to my grandparents home, and my great-grandparents home right next door and walked through sharing memories. It was a great day. Here we are exploring the cellar in my great-grandparents home. There are a lot of places and things that were fun to see.











No comments:
Post a Comment