Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Day With Asher (Part 1)

Today Asher is 3 months old. He is growing so fast. It is hard to imagine how someday he will be bigger than me! Though that is a long way off yet. At the same time it is hard believing he use to be so much smaller than he is. I guess it will always be that way, so I'm just going to live in the moment and enjoy him just the way he is.
Asher has been such a joy to Ryan and me. It is so fun to experience things for the first time through him. He is so easy to raise (let's hope that's always the case). Of course, we think he's the best baby ever, but we're biased:) Though my cousin Kendra did say that "he's the easiest babysitting job I've ever had" the few times she's babysat. Anyway, I thought that I would show everyone what it's like spending the day with my baby. I just hope he doesn't choose today to have any major meltdowns.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 (updated throughout the day)

-4:45 a.m. After sleeping all night long Asher wakes up for the first time. I feed him and change him and put him back to bed.
-8:30 a.m. Good Morning. Asher wakes up in time to say good-bye to Ryan as he leaves for work. Then it's time to eat and get a diaper change.

Wakes up a happy boy!

For the past little while I can only get Asher to breastfeed during the night. The rest of the time it's been easier on everyone if I just pump and give him a bottle. I really do try to breastfeed, but that just seems to upset him more than anything and I know he's so hungry so I finally give in and bottle feed him- help! Any suggestions?
-9:30 a.m. Bath Time!

Bathe him, dry him, brush his hair and cut his nails, dress him, and give him his vitamins.
-10:00 a.m. Feed Asher again because he's so hungry he's eating his hands:)

He's a growing boy!
-10:30 a.m. It's time for Asher's morning nap.

Somehow he always kicks his feet out of the blanket.
-11:00 a.m. I went in to check on Asher and found him wide awake.

I tried putting him in bed with me. This sometimes works and he will sleep longer and I can take a nap, but he decided to spit-up instead.

Good thing it's laundry day. But since he's so happy to just hang out, I left him alone while I got ready for the day.
-11:30 When I got out of the shower I found him chowing down on his blanket.

He is so hungry all the time, I promise I feed him!
-12:00 Asher is still eating. I had to make another bottle!


He also had 2 of these in the last hour.

Maybe if he stopped eating so much:) But besides the smiles and kicks, this is also what you get when you spend a day with Asher.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive