Sunday, July 10, 2011

Babysitting

This week I babysat for our neighbors, the King's. Their little girl, Laneia, is 6 weeks older than Asher. It was an impromptu job because Poppy had an accident at work and had to get stitches so Adam dropped Laneia off with me.
Now I'm sure every parent feels this way but I appreciate/like Asher much better:) Maybe it's just that having 2 infants to care for at the same time, or maybe Laneia needed her own parents to be there, but it was pretty stressful at times. Lots of crying and wanting to be held by both, which Asher usually doesn't cry very often but I think whenever Laneia would cry, he just joined in.

Other times, I think he just wasn't sure what to think;)

I was nervous because I had to drive Ryan into DC and was worried that they would cry the whole time. But they were actually great. Laneia fell asleep and Asher just sat contently. Of course when we got home, they both needed a diaper change!
This is how Laneia helped me change Asher's diaper. The poor kid!


What did one baby say to the other baby? ...nothing.

They were good at the same time for a little bit. They played with the blocks I made and I took a bunch of pictures. They were pretty cute.

The cutest picture of Asher.


Laneia playing rough.

Laneia can crawl around, whereas Asher can only roll over and scoot in circles. So Laneia would crawl over to Asher and sit on him or grab hold of him and there wasn't much he could do.

Still playing rough! Asher just got in her way. (though he can't really move)


Poor Asher needs to toughen up!


Play time!

It was funny because they don't know how to play together, but they would grab at each other and get in each others way. It was fun having them 'play' together, but I'm glad it's back to just Asher and me. I just love my boy and being able to spoil him with all my attention.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

oh come on...tell the truth...you're jealous of me and really want twins now... :)

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive