Thursday, July 21, 2011

Happenings

This coming weekend is a heat advisory, again. It's suppose to get to 115! But last week we had a great thunderstorm with lots of bright lightning.

Here's the downfall from our balcony.


However, I don't think that Asher enjoyed the thunder:)


The rain of course just makes it more humid here. Welcome to Virginia in July!

Last weekend Ryan played in a basketball tournament.

They didn't win, but Ryan did really well and scored quite a few points.

After the game, Ryan and I went to the theater. We tried to watch Harry Potter, but I think the roaring dragon scared Asher, so we had to leave. Instead we watched a more family-friendly movie, The ZooKeeper. It was pretty entertaining. (We went to Harry Potter later after we got Tayzlie to babysit for us)

After the movie we had lunch at an old-fashioned burger and shake joint. Yummy! Especially the apple pie shake.

Next we went to the bike shop to buy Asher a bike trailer and a helmet.

Asher so cute in his new helmet.


Asher's new ride!


He loves it!


Asher fell asleep. He is super cute. He does need to grow a little bit for a better fit, but it still works.

Last Thursday I went to Relief Society Enrichment Night.

It was a barbeque and a 'feet treat'. We had to 'walk in someone else's shoes.' Really, we had to bring a shoe of our own that describes us or represents a particularly memorable moment in our life. Of course, my shoe was my cowgirl boot:)


Eating dinner.

Here's my treats that I brought.

Chocolate dipped fruit with homemade whip cream and whoopie pies.


The group photo.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Asher is getting so big! I can't believe that he kept his bike helmet on for the ride! Looks like fun! I'm super curious now what an apple pie shake would taste like. I LOVE apple pie.

Chelsea said...

Ahhh how fun! I miss you gals of the first ward!

Fiagle Family said...

thats a cute idea! YUMM love whoopie pies. And Asher is getting so grown up already. Time sure flies.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive