Monday, August 11, 2008

Our Week

RYAN: This last week was Ryan's first week working in San Diego. He really likes it there with the beaches, ocean, hiking trails, openess, free parking and I'm pretty sure he likes work too. Here are a few pictures he has taken. He is at the highest point in the San Diego area.

MELANIE: This last week I have been here in Chicago missing Ryan. It has been okay though because my parents are here visiting. They came out on a business trip for my mom's silk-screening and embroidery business to go to an ISS Show. Wednesday, the first day they were here, we went to the Robie House by Frank Lloyd Wright and went on a tour of it. It was really interesting to hear about the design and decor. I kept thinking I should have followed through with my original college plans and became an interior designer. On Thursday and Friday, they went to the ISS Show while I worked, then we went out Friday night to dinner and a movie: The Dark Knight. I'd already seen it, but it was so good I was totally willing to go again. Saturday I was able to go to the show with them and got a lot of sewing ideas. Now I just need to get busy:) We also went shopping at Costco! I loved it since we aren't usually able to buy anything in bulk because we don't have a car! Sunday we relaxed and went on a nice walk by the lake and around Hyde Park. Today, while I work, my parents are going on an Architectural Cruise (which is awesome and you should all come visit and go on this, you can see photos of it on our Crockett's Chicago Chronicle Blog), then I'll go meet them and we'll spend one more evening out on the town before they have to leave tomorrow.

And since work has been pretty slow, here's what I've done with my spare time:

Vote for your favorite. Or if you like a certain color with a different cut, let me know. Or if you don't like any of them at all, tell me that too:) I just tried to do a good variety, it was pretty fun.
1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

6 comments:

Erica said...

The second haircut is my fav, maybe not the color though. When I first got on your blog and saw the timeline until Ryan gets home my first thought was, "is she pregnant" then I read it. I have only seen them used for babies and pregnancy, it is cute that you miss him so much!

Keri said...

I like the second one best!!! :)

Diaries of a Widow said...

I Like the 2nd hair color red and the first hair cut

A.K.A. - Adam, Kasey, Ady said...

How about just shaving your head?

Melanie said...

Even with a shaved head, I'd still be prettier than you :P
Thanks for the input from everyone else, maybe if I ever find a hair salon on the south side of Chicago that I trust (and can deal with my 'white person' hair), I'll take your comments into consideration. Though I'm not sure I could really make my hair look like any of the photos because it's so straight and flat, but it was fun to see the different styles:)

Fiagle Family said...

Im with leslie..go for the red! The cut looks cute too...you must have some time..hahah j.k

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive