Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What's Happenin'

I just did two totally fun things this last weekend!
First, I finished reading 'Breaking Dawn' and loved it. For those of you who haven't yet read these books, you should start now! My sister asked if they were scary because they are about vampires. NO! They are so not scary. They are just your average teenage, vampire romance novel with drama and a major climax in every book, written by an LDS author. They are a good, quick read. Needless to say, I'm a huge fan and really love the series.
Secondly, I went to San Diego this weekend!
Ryan has been there working, so I took some time off to see him and also get a feel for San Diego. We spent Friday and Saturday touring around San Diego and going to the beaches. On Friday we were in La Jolla at a surfer's beach just watching, when I randomly ran into my cousin Lyssa and her husband Stanley.
It was totally a surprise, but was fun because we got to talk and Ryan even got to take one of their surfboards out for a try. Thanks guys! So we made plans to meet for lunch on Saturday and went on with our visit of San Diego. We went to mission beach later that afternoon and road the roller coaster and had some really good ice-cream cones.

Saturday, after going to the beach, then having lunch with Lyssa and Stanley, we drove to LA to stay with my aunt Patrice. She took us to downtown Huntington Beach, Beach Berries (great frozen yogurt place) and out to the pier. On Sunday, we went to church then drove out to Knott's Berry Farm.
It's this huge amusement park and Ryan was like a kid in a candy store. He was so excited and loved every minute of it! I don't think he'd ever leave if I didn't make him:)
We had a great time staying with Patrice. Thanks! I really liked California and the weather was just perfect. But of course, it all had to end and I'm back in reality: Chicago and working!

4 comments:

Kasey Van Tassell said...

Wow-such a small world when you happen to run into Lyssa in Cali! and I am so jealous that you went to Knott's Berry Farm. I think I should let Adam know that is what our next mainland vacation should be. and if he disagree's I'll just let Ryan talk him into it.

Fiagle Family said...

Small world..what are the odds! im with kasey on the jealous of knotts. We've never been we always end up at 6 flags. Maybe next tiem!

Erica said...

Sounds fun, I think I need to work on talking my husband into getting out a little more! I am loving Breaking Dawn as well, almost finished!

Berke and Cassy said...

I'm so jealous of everyone and all their traveling--I've got to get out more!!! You'll have to let me know your next pic for a good book, I haven't read The Host so maybe I'll try that one next, but I've heard a lot of mixed reviews,is it as good as the Twilight series?

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive