Monday, July 7, 2008

4th fo July- Food!

We started the weekend out with lunch at our place. Ryan helped me prepare hot dogs and corn on the cob (we had to stick with the traditional 4th of July meal!). We also had fun making fruit skewers and a patriotic dessert!

Ready to dig in!

Fruit Skewers........................ Patriotic Dessert

For dinner on the 4th we went the the Taste of Chicago. It was crazy crowded, but was fun and we got some really good food. I think my favorite was the apple pie!
Brandon eating a Turkey Leg. They were HUGE.




Here is Leslie finishing off the Turkey leg. Need a napkin?







I'm digging into some Orange Chicken. It's was really good! In fact, I'm craving some right now.




We of course had to finish our weekend off with Chicago style deep dish pizza from Giordano's!

Mmmmm!

3 comments:

Ryan said...

THAT FRUIT THING WAS THE GREATEST!!!!!

Erica said...

Hey Melanie!! It has been a long time, blogs are fun! I have been trying to convince Nate that we need to visit Chicago, we only live about 4 hours away. We'll have to meet up somewhere if I do! It looks like fun!

Jennifer said...

Pretty dessert. It looks very tastey.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive