Ryan and I had a really fun weekend. I met him after work on Friday and we went to The Melting Pot Restaurant to celebrate him passing the Patent Bar. It was absolutely fabulous!
If you've never experienced The Melting Pot, you should definitely give it a try (though it's a little expensive). The food was really good. We started out with a cheese fondue that we dipped bread and vegetables in, then we got a meat platter for the main entree. We actually cooked our own meat in the pot with the sauce so it was an interactive experience. We got to try steak, chicken, pork, lobster and shrimp. Our favorite though was the dessert! Getting to dip strawberries, bananas, rice krispies and marshmallows into a chocolate, marshmallow and graham cracker sauce is my type of dessert:)
If you've never experienced The Melting Pot, you should definitely give it a try (though it's a little expensive). The food was really good. We started out with a cheese fondue that we dipped bread and vegetables in, then we got a meat platter for the main entree. We actually cooked our own meat in the pot with the sauce so it was an interactive experience. We got to try steak, chicken, pork, lobster and shrimp. Our favorite though was the dessert! Getting to dip strawberries, bananas, rice krispies and marshmallows into a chocolate, marshmallow and graham cracker sauce is my type of dessert:)On Saturday we got up and played Ultimate Frisbee as usual. But we also brought our swimsuits and went to the beach afterward. The lake was freezing! But it felt really good after playing Frisbee- that is once we actually got in. That afternoon we headed downtown to meet up with one of my friends from Morgan at the Taste of Chicago. I got to catch up with Ben Clark and his wife Shaylin, who are here for the summer. The Taste is huge this year and really good. I think it's so much better than last year. It was so crowded, but was still worth going to. After a few hours there we went to Navy Pier and played mini-golf. I'm happy to say I won! I totally crushed Ryan:) and I got two hole-in-ones!
Sunday we went to church and taught our primary kids all about gratitude! It was a pretty easy class because we only had 2 of our kids there. Every week Whitney informs us that she got to play with her Daddy because it was the weekend. This week, that's what she was grateful for, getting to spend the whole day on Saturday with her Daddy. Ellington was grateful that it was going to be his birthday this week and that he was going to get a robot. They sure are sweet when they're behaving:)
Ellington, Ryan, Whitney
After church we were able to have dinner at one of our friend's house. We went to Mark and Natalie Hendricks. Their 2 year old daughter's birthday was Sunday, but Callie wasn't feeling well and slept most of the time. The food was excellent and the company totally great! We spent a little over 4 hours there talking and eating. I hope we didn't wear out our welcome by staying so long:)
That was our weekend in a blog:) I'm grateful for being able to have such amazing experiences and for being able to share them all with an amazing and wonderful husband! Now we're getting ready to have Leslie and Brandon visit for the 4th of July weekend.

3 comments:
Congrats on passing the first bar. You guys look great and sound like you are having a lot of fun. I am really jealous that you are going home. Enjoy Morgan for me. Are you guys planning on coming back to Utah after he graduates?
Keep in Touch.
Marie
Hey Melanie,
It was so good to here from you! Looks like you are having a great time in Chicago. I go to your Dad's sunday school class every week:) It is fun being back in Morgan for the summer because I have seen so many of our classmates. It's kind of weird that we all finally grew up huh? Keep in touch.
I've heard wonderful things about the Melting Pot. Just reading that is making me really hungry! I like your new blog layout. Very cool!
Post a Comment