For those of you who don't know, Ryan and I live in Hyde Park in Chicagoland. And so does President-Elect Barack Obama.


And not soon after he moves to the White House to take on the roll of being President, Ryan and I will be following him there. We'll live in Alexandria, about 5 miles away from Washington D.C. Maybe one day we'll actually get to see him in person because so far we've got nothing. Unless you want to count his secret service, vehicles, helicopters, etc. Here's a map of how close we live to the President-Elect:
We live on the East side, Obama lives about 10 blocks west of us. And he actually works out in the building right next to ours.
It's a mad house in Chicago! Last night was a huge celebratory party in Grant Park. And the roads surrounding Obama's home are completely shut down. All night long the trains were running and helicopters were flying over head. And I can't even count how much Obama merchandise is for sale around here!



1 comment:
Cool - didn't know you were so close! So when do you move? I'm jealous of all of the sightseeing you get to do. What an adventure!
I loved your new tribute/stories of your man! He sounds hilarious!
Tara
Post a Comment