Monday, November 3, 2008

Work, work and more work


This is a really busy time of year for me at work in the Humanities division. I am in charge of organizing the admissions for fall 2009. The deadline for all applicants is December 15th, so I am starting to receive a lot of applications online and supplemental material via postal mail. I have to update everything everyday in our database and online application system. I also have to create a file for each applicant and keep all their materials organized into it. I guess that doesn't sound too hard, but believe me it is! Especially when we receive over 2,000 applications, most submitting right before the deadline. I am grateful to have a job that keeps me busy.

I also am working on my 10 personal goals list. After my candy binge on Halloween, I decided I really should focus on accomplishing my goals, so starting the day after Halloween I haven't had any candy. Only 363 days left to go. (I'm beginning to think this is one of my not-so-brilliant plans) I have also started working out so I can accomplish no. 1 and 2 of my goals. Not only am I working out on my own, but I am also in charge of my ward's Relief Society Exercise Group. We have a couple different groups that meet weekly: swimming, aerobics, and run/walk. It's really fun to get together with ladies from my ward to workout, and it also helps me get there since I'm in charge:)

Ryan is busy working on his homework and assignments for school. He works really hard everyday and I'm proud of him. He will have a few final assignments due before Thanksgiving and then his finals right after Thanksgiving, so he'll keep plenty busy. But then he'll only have one more semester left before he GRADUATES and we move to Alexandria.

Ryan and I out for a Sunday walk in our fabulous fall weather. I just hope it stays this way for a while.

5 comments:

Diaries of a Widow said...

You could always try the sapper patrolling diet i lost 10lbs and two inches in a week. No worries it only consists of little food and continuous backpacking of approx 65+ lbs. Its real fun

Ryan said...

Dang we look good!!

Erica said...

I thought your list of things to do was great! I just don't think I could go without sweets for a year, that has to be a hard one! Especially with all the holidays! Are you really starting it right now? Good luck!

Tara said...

Better to be busy than bored out of your mind!!!!
I love the list too, I just hope you have luck when the time comes having a baby and fitting into skinny jeans with no sugar....those cravings are brutal! And things just simply don't go back to the way they were - well, after the first you'll be okay, it's just with the one's after that (hips and ribs move a lot - ugh!)

Gina said...

That is a cute picture. Your blog is really cute.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive