Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight Movie Night

Last night we went to the new Twilight movie with a big group. There were 14 of us who went. It was a lot of fun to get together and go out on the town. As for the movie, well... I loved it! It was pretty true to the book I think (at least as close as any movie adaptation can be). I felt like it was more of a made-for-TV movie than a 'Hollywood' style movie, but I think that's part of the appeal and why I like it as much as I did. Ryan also liked it. We will definitely buy it when it comes out on DVD.

Discussing the movie after

During the movie, there were plenty of teen girls to scream and cheer when Edward appeared on screen. It was pretty entertaining and made me laugh. I think Summit Entertainment did a really good job with the movie though there were some Twilight fans that were very disappointed. I think there was a wide range of reactions, from those that didn't like it at all, to those that thought it was okay, to those that really liked it. It's encouraged me to read the books again, so that's what I'll be doing this Holiday season:)
Ryan and me waiting to see Twilight!

Josh and Barbie Madsen ready for the show.

I don't want to post any spoilers, but I do have to say that it really is a love story. I ended up liking the cast better than I thought I would, and I'm anxiously waiting for the next movie!

1 comment:

Gina said...

I couldn't even tell you had more posts! I thought "your story" was your last post every time I looked at your blog. I wanted to discuss this with you! I wanted to stay and discuss the movie but Liesl and I had to pee, haha. Anyway, I thought it was a made for TV type movie, too. I thought it was okay. I am hoping for more with the second one.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Blog Archive