I mostly read fictional novels: historical romance, LDS fiction, adventure & thriller, classical, teen novels (yes, one of my fav.), etc. My favorite classes in high school and college were my English classes, not for the grammar, but for the books and discussion. I joined our ward bookgroup here in Hyde Park and even organized it during the summer. I just can't get enough of those books that I can totally get lost in and forget about reality for a while.
I admit I'm a huge Twilight fan and am totally going to see the movie opening night! I will even indulge in reading the celebrity gossip on occasion, don't tell anyone. I already have 2 bookshelves full of books because if it's a good book, I don't just want to read it, I want to own it. It's just the way I am.
Lately I have found a new series that rocks my world and I wanted to share them with you.




If you haven't read these books, you should! And if you have any book recommendations for me, please tell me! I am always looking for a new, good book.

9 comments:
That is a pretty good series. We read them last summer. Interesting idea and a fairly fluid storyline. Good choice.
I think all of you ex-haddocks like to read alot... must run in the family... I wish i was more into reading like you guys... have a good day.
If you love collecting books you will be in trouble when the kids come! I can't resist the book orders they bring home from school! Blake cusses me, his mom is a librarian, and he thinks we could save money if we'd just check them out - but like you, I want to OWN them! I'll have to give your new suggestions a try! Thanks!
Tara
Thanks, I will defiantly have to check these books out. I havent even heard of them.
I love a good book!
I had no idea you were just like Adam in the "owning books/DVD's because they are good and you just have to have it" I have just this year (after moving 7 times in our marriage) talked Adam into borrowing them from the library. We still have a bookshelf full in mom & dads barn, a full bookshelf in their basement and now we are filling up another here...luckily we have a "freebie bin" for our apartment complex and Adam has found most of the books there.
And once in a while we find some good books at yard sales for 50cents each!
I read them last year and I really liked them. I didn't read Extras because it didn't really fit in with the other three! I recommend reading Shannon Hale's books. I really liked Princess Academy and the Goose Girl series. I need to get your email address and I will invite you to join Goodreads. It is a sight that you can check out books that other people like.
I'll have to check those books out. They look like they would be fun. And, I like your blog :).
Hey, sorry we didn't make the party. I meant to RSVP, but I thought we would make it. My flight was canceled due to bad weather, so I got in late last night. I hope it was fun. Oh, I read the "pretties".
They must be good books. I looked them up on the library website to put a hold on the first one and I am 14th on the waiting list. And this is the library system for every library in Salt Lake County. Good thing though because the library closest to us doesn't have them.
Post a Comment