This past weekend Ryan took me on a trip to St. Louis for my birthday. He made all the preparations for our trip. We left Chicago early Saturday morning. We took a train so we went to Union Station, which we had never been to before. It's a really cool building.
Union Station and on the train.
While in St. Louis we went to the Gateway Arch. It is really cool and we got to go all the way to the top, all 630 ft. We toured around some of the shops and old fashion stores. It was really fun to go and get away from Chicago.
While in St. Louis we went to the Gateway Arch. It is really cool and we got to go all the way to the top, all 630 ft. We toured around some of the shops and old fashion stores. It was really fun to go and get away from Chicago.

Gateway Arch (the gateway to the West). Views of the Arch, inside the Arch, and from the top of the Arch.
Here was a major highlight of the trip and birthday celebration!
Ice cream sundae bar at Max and Erma's
For the trip home we rode the Greyhound bus. Not my favorite way to travel. But I was able to sleep for a few hours and Ryan and I started reading a book together.

On the bus and at the station.
All in all it turned out to be a good trip. I think Ryan's favorite part was playing in the hotel pool and hot tub. Ryan, thanks for my birthday presents.


7 comments:
Hey Melanie,
Do you remember the first time you went to the gateway arch?
No, as far as knew I'd never been there before.
How did you like the small elevator? Some people have major claustrophobia issues in there. By the way I hate greyhound. I rode it once from Utah to Minnesota and it took 44 hours.
Looks like you guys had a fun weekend. Nice beard Ryan!
You are having way toooo much fun! Live it up while you can! Awesome photos!
Tara
Hi Melanie~
I came across your blog and thought I would say hi. I showed it to Eric and he thought it was cool to see what you have been up to. Looks like you guys keep really busy in Chicago checking out all the sites. FUN!
Didn't you feel like you were getting in a dryer instead of an elevator?
Post a Comment